Sunflower ‘Sunbright’, Helianthus – 25 seeds avg.
This large brown disc flower surrounded by golden petals is the most widely grown sunflowers in the cut flower trade. It has a strong neck that doesn’t droop, is pollenless and produces a beautiful single bloom that is 4-8″.
- Full sun.
- Plant seeds directly in the garden or start indoors for an earlier start to transplant outdoor when 2-3 weeks old.
- Plant in the garden after the danger of frost has past and the soil has begun to warm.
- Cover seed; 5-14 days to germinate.
- This sunflower is pollenless which makes it an excellent cut flower.
- Great in beds and as a cut, attracts butterflies, birds and beneficial insects, drought tolerant.
- Harvest sunflowers when they are just beginning to open and the petals are unfolding. This prevents the pests from nibbling on the petals.
- Sunbright is a one bloom harvest, make the cut to the desired length.
- Control the size of the flower head by the spacing of the plants in the garden. 6″ x 6″ spacing produces a nice 4″ bloom. 9″ x 9″ spacing will produce a larger bloom. This is true with most sunflowers.