Soil Blocking Kit *
The Soil Blocking Kit includes everything you need to get seeds started with soil blocking. Soil blocking is a simple and easy way to start seeds in a home setting. In the area of 12″ x 26″ you can start and support 240 small blocker plants until they go to the garden. There are no pots or trays to store or purchase each year. We use trays with no drainage holes so it can be done anywhere indoors. We find that the seedlings are healthier, grow quicker and in general hit the ground running and suffer no transplant shock.
Here is what customers are saying about how soil blocking has changed their seed starting experience.
- Small Blocker
- Organic Blocking Mix, 5 qt. bag, double sifted
- Online Course: Seed Starting Made Easy
– Access to the course will be granted to the email provided within 24 hours.
- 5 Large Blocker Trays
- 10 Plant Labels
- Aluminum Seed Pan
- 3 packs of seeds
- Blocking Mix Recipe & Blocking Instructions
- Add-on option: Add the large blocker and inserts. Save $6.85
At-A-Glance Kit Details:
- Comes with the Small Blocker that makes one set of twenty 3/4” blocks. We use this size blocker to start most of our flower, herb, and vegetable seeds. We most often grow them in this block until going to the garden.
- Certified Organic Blocking Mix. Has the natural supplements needed to get your seeds off to a great start. 5-quart bag makes 400-500 small 3/4″ blocks, 25 large 2″ blocks.
- Five 5-7/8” x 10-3/4” trays. Each tray holds 3 sets of twenty small blocks or 2 sets of four large blocks. Reusable and washable.
- Ten 4″ wooden markers. Markers to identify trays of seedlings.
- Online Course Seed Starting Made Easy. A 90-minute course on how to start from seed indoors using the soil blocking method and planting seeds outdoors in the garden. You have unlimited access to the course from any device. $19.95 value. Access to the course will be granted to the email provided within 24 hours.
- Aluminum Seeding Pan. Make sowing seeds much easier because it has no static cling as plastic pans can.
- Includes 3 packs of warm-season tender annual flower seeds.
- Includes the recipe to make homemade blocking mix.
- View a sneak peek on how-to Seed Start with Soil Blocking in the “Product Video” tab above
Click here for more soil blocking tips and videos.