Sweet William ‘Electron’, Dianthus barbatus, 100 seeds avg.
Puts on a long-lasting show in the garden and in bouquets making Sweet William a must-have for every spring garden.
- A cool-season hardy annuals that prefers full sun.
- Transplanting is recommended.
- Start seeds 4-6 weeks before planting date.
- Transplants require a cold period, plant 5 weeks before first fall frost.
- Do not cover seed; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Grows 18″-30″ tall, space transplants 6″ apart in the garden.
- Winter hardy in zone 5 and south.
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, cut future stems at the base of the stem being harvested.
- For long-lasting cut flowers, harvest when 1/3 of the flowers are open.
Learn more about growing this group of flowers in Lisa’s book Cool Flowers.