Strawflower, Peach Mix, Helichrysum bracteatum, 50 seeds avg.
A long-lasting cut for fresh and dried use. Vibrant colors!
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Recommended to start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden, spacing 12″ apart.
- Do not cover with soil; allow 7-10 days to germinate.
- Grows to 20″-30″. Winter hardy in zone 8 and south.
- Harvest the central stem at almost ground level, just above the lowest three to four side shoots.
- Future cuts should be made at stem base.
- For fresh flowers harvest when the center is developed and the bracts, which look like petals, are almost completely unfolded.