The Ladbrooke Small Soil Blocker Facts:
- Small Soil Blocker – easy seed starting with soil blocking.
- The Small Soil Blocker makes one set of twenty 3/4” blocks.
- We use this size blocker 95% of the time in starting flower seeds. You can start 2 sets of twenty blocks in a 5″ x 7″ tray, compare that to a flat of plants in space!
- For best results use our certified organic soil blocking mix. Homemade Blocking Mix Recipe
- Blockers come with written how-to instructions. Soil Blocking Instructions
- Made in England
Blocking is the simple and easy way we have been starting seeds since 1998 in our commercial cut flower operation. We find it to be very cost effective and very well suited for the home gardener. The blocks take little space compared to other seed starting methods. In the area of 10″ x 24″ you can start and support 120 soil blocked plants until they go to the garden. There are no pots or trays to store or purchase each year. We find that the seedlings are healthier, grow quicker and in general hit the ground running and suffer no transplant shock.
Soil Blocking Facts:
- Easy to use
- Indention for seed sowing
- Ideal non – root shock environment eliminates transplant shock
- High rate of germination and early blooming
- Environmentally friendly
- Robust zinc plated steel construction
- Space efficient, inexpensive and maintenance free
View the seed-starting method soil blocking:
Click here for more soil blocking tips and videos.