Large Soil Blocker
- The Large Soil Blocker makes one set of four 2” blocks.
- We use this size blocker for larger size seeds such as sunflowers, beans, morning glory, zucchini and the like.
- The large soil blocker can be equipped with cube inserts that allow you to move a seedling growing in a 3/4” soil block into the larger soil block to continue its growth. Inserts sold separately. Inserts
- For best results use our certified organic soil blocking mix. Homemade Blocking Mix Recipe
- Blockers come with written how-to instructions. Soil Blocking Instructions
- Made in England
Blocking is the simple and easy way we have been starting seeds since 1998 in our commercial cut flower operation. We find it to be very cost effective and very well suited for the home gardener. The blocks take little space compared to other seed starting methods. There are no pots or trays to store or purchase each year. We find that the seedlings are healthier, grow quicker and in general hit the ground running and suffer no transplant shock.
Soil Blocking Facts:
- Easy to use
- Indention for seed sowing
- Ideal non-root shock environment eliminates transplant shock
- High rate of germination and early blooming
- Environmentally friendly
- Robust zinc plated steel construction
- Efficient, inexpensive and maintenance free
View how to use a large soil blocker:
Click here for more soil blocking tips and videos.