Zinnia ‘Zowie’, Zinnia elegans – 10 seeds avg.
An AAS Winner! This magenta-orange centers with yellow tip zinnia has promise to become your favorite too! Excellent cut flower or in the landscape, attracts butterflies, birds, hummingbirds, and beneficial bugs, drought tolerant and benefits form support.
Be sure to read ‘Growing Great Zinnias’ by Lisa Mason Ziegler.
- Full sun.
- Start seeds indoors or plant seeds directly in the garden.
- Plant in the garden after the danger of frost has past and the soil has warmed.
- Cover seed lightly; 3-5 days to germinate.
- Harvest when flowers are fully open.
- They will not open any further after cut.
- Make the first harvest cut above the bottom two side shoots, this establishes a branching habit for the season.
- Make future cuts at the base of the stem.