Zinnia, ‘Uproar Rose’, Zinnia elegans – 10 seeds avg.
Uproar is being held as the next knock-out zinnias by cut flower growers everywhere.
Be sure to read ‘Growing Great Zinnias’ by Lisa Mason Ziegler.
- Full sun.
- 32″ H.
- Summer annual.
- Plant seeds directly in the garden or start indoors for an earlier start.
- Start seeds indoors to transplant to the garden when 2-3 weeks old or plant seeds directly in the garden after last danger of frost.
- Cover seed.
- 3-5 days to germinate.
- Pinch plants at 12” for branching and space plants 6-9” apart.
- Harvest the blooms when fully mature.
- Make the first harvest cut above the bottom two side shoots, this establishes a branching habit for the season.
- Make future cuts at the base of the stem.