Millet, ‘Purple Majesty’, Pennisetum glaucum – 10 seeds avg.
A corn-like plant that has deep purple foliage with cattail like spikes. If the flower heads are left in the garden to go to seed the birds adore them.
- Sun to part sun.
- Ht. 60″.
- Start seeds indoors to transplant outdoors after last danger of frost has past and the soil has begun to warm.
- Cover seed; 10-14 days to germinate.
- Great in beds and for cuts, attracts birds, good for drying and drought tolerant.
- Harvest stems for fresh cuts early when the heads are just emerging green.
- If harvested to late they will shed.
- Make the harvest cut at ground level.