Crimson Clover is a cool-season cover crop that works great as a ground cover for weed suppression and providing overwinter habitat for beneficial creatures. When turned into the soil in spring adds organic matter and nitrogen.
- Certified organic seed
- Plant 6-8 weeks before the first fall frost
- Cover seed with ¼” of soil
- Plants will sprout and grow into a low growing ground cover before winter.
- In early spring clover will begin to grow and bloom
- For maximum benefits turn into soil when at its peak bloom time
- 1 pound per 1000 square feet
In spring, your chickens will especially enjoy grazing the clover while adding their own special fertilizer in the process.