Crimson Clover is a cool-season cover crop that works great as a ground cover for weed suppression and providing overwinter habitat for beneficial creatures. When turned into the soil in spring adds organic matter and nitrogen.
- Certified organic seed
- Plant 6-8 weeks before the first fall frost
- Cover seed with ¼” of soil
- Plants will sprout and grow into a low growing ground cover before winter.
- In early spring clover will begin to grow and bloom
- For maximum benefits turn into soil when at its peak bloom time
- 1 pound per 1000 square feet
- Recommended to add inoculant to your clover seed to increase the nitrogen fixing capacity.
In spring, your chickens will especially enjoy grazing the clover while adding their own special fertilizer in the process.