Buckwheat is a warm-season cover crop that grows fast and works well for suppressing weeds and building soil between crops. The stem is hollow so it is quick to breakdown once incorporated into the soil and can be turned in using a shovel.
- Certified organic seed
- Plant in spring and summer into warm conditions
- Cover seed with ¼” of soil
- Plants will sprout and grow to full size in approximately 30 days
- For maximum benefit turn into soil when at its peak bloom time
- 3lbs per 1000 square feet
Buckwheat is a favorite of honeybees and other pollinators. During spring, summer, and fall we aim to always have buckwheat in bloom for the pollinators.