Celosia ‘Pampas Plume’, Celosia plumosa – 50 seeds avg.
Pampas Plume is one of the work horses of our summer garden. The mix includes masses of soft feathery plumes in salmon, oranges, pink, yellow, cream and lemon lime. Like all celosias, it loves it hot and dry! These flowers are staples in our bouquets, also attracts birds, butterflys, beneficial bugs, and is drought tolerant.
- Full sun.
- 36″ H.
- Summer annual.
- Plant seeds directly in the garden or start indoors for an earlier start.
- Plant in garden after last danger of frost has past and the soil has begun to warm, typically a couple of weeks after the last frost date.
- Do not cover seeds; 5-10 days to germinate.
- Pinch plant to two sets of leaves when 12″ to encourage branching.
- Harvest flowers when full and mature or will wilt.
- Make the harvest cut at the base of the stem.