Hyacinth Bean Ruby Moon Vine, Dolichos lablab, 10 seeds avg.
An heirloom vine that provides color all season. Has purple stems, beautiful sweet pea-like blooms followed by 2″-3″ magenta beans. Bees and hummingbirds love it! Entirely edible; used in Asian, Thai, and Indian cooking.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost and once soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden, covering seed with soil.
- Allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Needs a supportive structure.
- 110-120 days to bloom.
- Remove spent blooms and bean pods to encourage continued blooming.