Do-It-Yourself Soil Blocking Kit:
The DIY Blocking Kit includes the small blocker, seed pan, and nutrient to make your own blocking mix–you add your compost and peat moss. Soil blocking is a simple and easy way to start seeds in a home setting. In the area of 12″ x 26″ you can start and support 240 small blocker plants until they go to the garden. There are no pots or trays to store or purchase each year. We use trays with no drainage holes so it can be done anywhere indoors. We find that the seedlings are healthier, grow quicker and in general hit the ground running and suffer no transplant shock. Here is what customers are saying about how soil blocking has changed their seed starting experience.
- Small Blocker
- DIY Blocking Mix Nutrient 32oz. (New Size) Add your compost and peat moss to make eight 7.5qts of blocking soil.
- Seeding Pan
- Blocking Mix Recipe
- Soil Blocking Instructions
Soil Blocking Facts:
- The small soil blocker makes one set of twenty 3/4” blocks
- Easy to use and makes an indention for seed sowing
- Eliminates transplant shock
- High rate of germination
- Earlier blooming and fruiting
- Environmentally friendly
- Robust zinc plated steel construction
- Space efficient, inexpensive and maintenance free
- We use this size blocker 95% of the time in starting flower, herb, and vegetable seeds
- 2 sets of twenty blocks fit on a 5″ x 7″ tray or 3 sets of twenty on a 5″ x 10″ tray
- For best results use our Certified Organic Soil Blocking Mix or make your own: Homemade Blocking Mix Recipe
- Blockers come with written how-to instructions. Soil Blocking Instructions
- Made in England
Click here for more soil blocking tips and videos.