Celosia, Plume, ‘Flamingo Feather’, Celosia argentea spicata – 50 seeds avg.
Masses of plumes in rose and pink that provide dimension and height to bouquets. A real workhorse of the summer cutting garden.
- A warm-season annual that prefers full sun.
- Plant after danger of frost and once the soil has warmed.
- Start seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before planting date or cast seeds directly in the garden, spacing 8-12″ apart.
- Do not cover the seed with soil; allow 5-10 days to germinate.
- Grows to 36” tall.
- Pinch when 10″ tall to establish a more robust, branching plant.
- 90-95 days to bloom.
- Harvest flowers when the blooms are full and fresh but before they develop seed.
- Make the harvest cut at the base of the stem.