Come to our farm for hands-on learning with Lisa!
Lisa shares her experiences from 20 years of developing her small urban cut-flower farm in a series of small group workshops. She tells all that has made her a standout in her chosen work, growing all-natural cut flowers for pleasure and profit all outdoors in a garden with no hoop or greenhouses. Learn more about Lisa.
Registration is limited in all workshops. Please register early to avoid disappointment. No 2019 on-farm workshops are planned at this time.
- Who is buying local flowers and how to price.
- How one person can manage a half-acre garden to be profitable.
- Setting up the garden for the lowest maintenance.
- How-to produce thousands of stems each week in season.
- 3-seasons of field grown flowers.
- How to be a 5-day a week flower farmer.
- See how to make beds by hand, with a tiller and a tractor.
- Learn the basics: pathway care, seed starting, planting, installing netting and other flower farming chores.
March 27, 2018, 8am to 5pm. Includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks. March 26, 6pm to 8pm we invite you to join us for a casual dinner to meet and greet on the farm.
Boot Camp is for those that want to get down to business of growing and selling flowers. You will find yourself on our flower farm in the middle of the season for firsthand experiences and training. This day and half of intensive hands on training is a game changer. Read more...
- Pushing aside the fluff and getting down to business.
- Planning the season before you start, the secret to sanity.
- Growing healthy plants for abundance and fewer chores.
- Strategies for field grown flowers from early spring until early winter.
- Harvesting and conditioning techniques.
- Speed bouquet making for markets.
- Packing for commercial deliveries.
- Getting paid for the flowers. Who to sell to & for how much.
- And more!
Note: Bring your own clippers and gloves. If flying with carryon luggage we can provide clippers.
Workshop dates to select from:
June 18-19, 2018. 18th, 1pm to 6pm workshop, includes dinner and snacks. Casual meet and greet with dinner at 6pm on the farm. 19th 8am to 5pm workshop. Includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
July 9-10, 2018, 9th, 1pm to 6pm workshop, includes dinner and snacks. Casual meet and greet with dinner at 6pm on the farm. 10th 8am to 5pm workshop. Includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- Easy seed starting—really.
- Making the bed, planting, and more.
- How-to have a spring, summer, and fall cutting garden.
- Perfect blooms without pesticides.
- Harvesting techniques to encourage more blooms.
- Make a simple handheld bouquet to take home!
- This workshop does not cover any flower farming topics such as selling, mass production, etc.
Note: Bring your own clippers and gloves. If flying with carry-on luggage we can provide clippers.
July 25, 2018, 9am to 3pm. Includes lunch and snacks.
September 12, 2018 9am to 3pm. Includes lunch and snacks.
No refunds given within 15 days of the event. Refunds given as follows when requested 15 days prior to the event:
- Full refund given when registration canceled within 30 days of purchase.
- No refunds given after 30 days of registration.
- Transfer of registration ownership is available when pre-approved by The Gardener’s Workshop.
End date: 03/28/2018
Last day to book: 03/05/2018
End date: 06/20/2018
Last day to book: 05/27/2018
End date: 07/11/2018
Last day to book: 06/17/2018
End date: 07/27/2018
Last day to book: 06/17/2018
End date: 09/14/2018
Last day to book: 08/19/2018
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast with eggs & breakfast meats
- Microwave and Refrigerator in all rooms
- All Two Room Suites feature full kitchens
- Complimentary Transportation to and from Newport New Airport
- Complimentary high speed wireless internet access
- Complimentary use of Crunch Fitness Center – must be 18
- Coin operated guest laundry and valet service
- Business Center
- On site convenience shop
- Outdoor swimming pool and Exercise Room
- 15 restaurants within safe walking distance of the hotel
- Free local phone calls
- “Suite Shop” on Premises
You do have to go through the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel so beware of rush hour! No transportation provided.