Atriplex, Red, Atriplex hortensis, 50 seeds avg.
Wonderful foliage that adds texture to a bouquet and to the garden. Many stems per plant. Beautiful red seed pods.
- A cool-season hardy annual that prefers full sun.
- Recommended to start seeds indoors 4 weeks before planting date.
- Prefers cool conditions during germination below 70 degrees.
- Lightly cover seed with 1/8″ of soil; allow 7-14 days to germinate.
- Space 6″ apart in the garden.
- Plant grows to 48″.
- Winter hardy in zone 8 and south.
Keep the Stems Coming:
- Make the cut at the base of the stem.
- Harvest when seed pods are fully developed.
- Atriplex produces many stems per plant.