Advanced Flower Farming School Online with Dave Dowling
We are offering a special 2nd run of this course in 2020 and just in time for fall planning and planting!
- Registration will be open June 21-26, 2020
- School will start on July 10, 2020 and run for 6 consecutive weeks
- Weekly live question and answer sessions with Dave will be on Thursday evenings at 8 pm eastern
After you have mastered the basics of starting and running a flower farm, this Advanced course will take your farm to the next level with advanced crops and growing methods.
Learn how diversifying your offering with bulbs, perennials, and woodies will increase sales and opportunities. Growing in structures, in crates, and selling year round. Dave shares how-to plan and plant for the flower holidays, the steps for perennials to produce for a lifetime, marketing tips, and so much more.
This course is information rich and packed with Dave’s tips on what permanent plantings to invest in now to reap the harvest in years to come. Learn about the different methods to grow to find the best one for you and your farm. Dave recommends beginner and intermediate farmers also enroll in Flower Farming School Online.
- What perennials to grow
- Weed management in perennial production
- How-to keep perennials producing for a lifetime
- Bulb crop production including lilies, tulips, dahlias as well as many other profitable ones
- Growing bulbs in the field, crates, tunnel, and greenhouses
- Woody plant selection and production for flowers and foliage
- High tunnel and greenhouse production
- Marketing tips for increased sales
- Harvesting steps for bulbs, perennials and woodies
- Season extension to increase sales in the shoulder seasons
- Weekly Facebook Live Q&A session after each week’s classes
Advanced Flower Farming School Online is a 6-week self-paced course plus weekly live Q&A sessions with Dave and PDF resource downloads.
Registration for this course will only be open June 21-26, 2020. School will start on July 10, 2020 and run for 6 consecutive weeks. Weekly live question and answer sessions with Dave will be on Thursday evenings at 8 pm eastern time. Course cost is $495
This course has been created for those interested in becoming a flower farmer, but is open and helpful for any gardener wanting to learn more about growing flowers.
How online courses work: Learn about how you can access courses from any device with internet, have lifetime unlimited access, the refund policy, and more here.
Read what 2018 & 2019 students are saying about our courses!
Meet Dave Dowling:
Dave Dowling grew cut flowers in Montgomery County, MD for 20 years. With field, high tunnel, and greenhouse production, Farmhouse Flowers & Plants produced cut flowers year round. Most of the flowers raised were sold at area farmers markets, including two year round markets in the Washington, DC area. Direct sales to retail florists and Whole Foods rounded out the marking channels used selling hundreds of thousands of cut flowers each year. Read more above under bio…
SIGN-UP TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS WHEN COURSE REGISTRATION OPENS, EXCLUSIVE INFORMATION FROM LISA, AND MORE!
What is NOT included in this course:
This course does not cover business start-up, garden and soil building, annual flowers, seed starting, sales strategies, or making bouquets, these topics are covered in Flower Farming School Online. It does not include any information related to doing events or wedding work. The Farmer-Florist School Online: The Wedding Process covers wedding and event business work.