This 4-week series is brought to you by TheGardenersWorkshop.com. Making it possible for flower lovers at all levels to grow and enjoy flowers and to build businesses based on flowers!
This video series shares the backside of becoming or being a flower farmer—the thrills, the troubles, and the ongoing challenges.
My intention with this series is to guide those contemplating starting a flower farm and to offer some direction and hope to those that have already started.
Learn more about Flower Farming School Online: The Basics, Annual Crops, Marketing, and More! with Lisa Mason Ziegler.
Request the video mentioned: Tired and Ready to Quit?
Let’s talk flower farming–
- Is flower farming for you?
- I was an unlikely candidate to farm.
- Too many farmers? Not until we claim another billion dollars or so.
- Becoming a business owner.
- Growing the flowers is just a part of the flower farming business–
- Learning the nuts and bolts and taking care of business is required to succeed.
- This is the part that separates those that never make it to those that find their niche and run.
What is the point of becoming a flower farmer if it sucks the life out of you and your family and you don’t make any money?
Get the resources mentioned from Lisa, Dave Dowling, Jennie Love, Ellen Frost, and Steve and Gretel Adams here.
In this video I’m answering these questions and more:
- Is now the right time?
- I’ve never started or owned a biz before can I do it?
- How much space to you need?
- I don’t have a tractor or greenhouse, can I start?
- Who can I sell too?
- Establish how to swift the many voices out their and find your way to success.
- Get in and get started making money before you make big investments.
Make the decision to learn from those with experience from running successful flower farming business not those with just opinions.
Request my webinar What it Takes to be a Flower Farmer
Sustaining your flower farming business:
- Making a profit as quickly as possible.
- Find reward and enjoyment for you and your family.
- Making smart and hard decisions.
- Entering new markets and leaving old.
- Constantly changing is the norm.
Take away: DON’T CLING TO A MISTAKE BECAUSE IT TOOK YOU A LONG TIME TO MAKE!!!
Get on my wait list here, plus get access to my exclusive resources.
Business survival is rooted in profiting and loving what you create
- A look back at the 3 previous weeks topics.
- Talking about how to love the business that you build and that it is what carries you through the rough patches.
The flowers are the reward of starting, sustaining, and surviving a flower farming business– you can do it!
– Lisa Ziegler
Founder of The Gardener’s Workshop and Flower Farming School Online and the publisher of Farmer-Florist School Online and Florist School Online. Award-winning Author of Vegetables Love Flowers and Cool Flowers. Watch Lisa’s Story and view her blog Field & Garden. Connect with Lisa on Facebook and Instagram!