- From the Ground Up with Chris Mullins – Why do Vegetables Love Flowers?
- Mother Earth News and Friends – Garden Planning for Food Preservation
- Slow Flowers with Debra Prizing – Catching up with Flower Farming Educator Lisa Ziegler
- The Urban Farm with Farmer Greg – Lisa Ziegler on Urban Farming with Flowers
- Mother Earth News with Charlotte Brunin – Vegetables Love Flowers
- Living Homegrown Podcast with Theresa Low – Companion Planting Veggies & Flowers
- Farm-A-Yard with host Linda Borghi – Vegetables Love Flowers
- The Gardenangelists – Granny’s Bonnets, Green Beans, and Great Books!
- SCA Farms with host Stefan – Featured: The Gardener’s Workshop with Lisa Mason Ziegler
- Community Table / Parade.com – Vegetables Love Flowers
- Garden Weasel – How to Design a Gorgeous Cutting Garden
- Out Here Magazine / Tractor Supply Co. – Restored By Nature
- Washington Gardener Magazine – Vegetables Love Flowers Review Page 6
- Garden In Delight – Happy Summer Book Reading Book Review
- StarTribune – Want to Grow Better Veggies? Plant More Flowers
- Gardening Know How – Q&A with Lisa Ziegler
- Garden Weasel Feature – Pump up your Pollinators: How to Make Your Garden a Home, Sweet Home for these Beneficial Creatures
- Garden Therapy – Improve your Vegetable Yield by Planting Beautiful Blooms
Gardening Products Review.com, “Whether you are a gardener or just enjoy reading about the gardening adventures of others, this book is for you. I highly recommend it, and I have put many of the how-to’s to work in my own garden, especially the soil blocking and seed starting.” Click to read the full review.
Floret, “If avid vegetable gardeners aren’t already convinced they should tuck a few flowers in with their tomatoes, peppers and beans, then this book should definitely do it.” Click to read the full review.
Watch Lisa and The Gardener’s Workshop:
- Video: From the Ground Up – Gifts for the Home Gardener featuring Chris Mullins and Lisa Ziegler
Listen to Lisa:
- Slow Flowers Podcast with Debra Prinzing: Growing Hardy Annuals with “Cool Flowers” author & flower farmer Lisa Mason Ziegler (Episode 159)
- Slow Flowers Podcast with Debra Prinzing: ASCFG #1 Getting Florists On-board with Lisa Mason Ziegler (Episode 165)
- The Master Gardener Hour with Kate Copsey.
- Organic Gardener Podcast with Jackie Beyer.
- Flowerland Hour with Rick Vuyst.
Read about Lisa and The Gardener’s Workshop:
- Learn Lisa Mason Ziegler’s secrets for growing hardy, cool-season annuals, Interview by Debra Prinzing
- Inviting Native Plant Border, courtesy of the Daily Press, March 20, 2016.
- ‘Cool Flowers’ and hardy annuals, by Denise Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa County
- Planting Young Seeds, courtesy of the Daily Press, June 28, 2015.
- Cool Flowers, courtesy of the Daily Press, Nov. 2014
- Seed-Starting Secrets, courtesy of the Daily Press, March 2013.
- Lisa Ziegler on shade gardening with Hellebores, reprinted courtesy of the Daily Press Feb. 2013.
- “Lisa Ziegler and Historic Garden Week”, reprinted courtesy of Daily Press, March 2013.
- “Reap garden rewards with fall planting”, Eagle Tribune, North Andover, Maine.
- Lisa shares the best kept secret in gardening, fall planting for spring blooms.“Sow flower seeds now for colorful spring”, October 2012.
- Lisa’s cut-flower farm is on the Newport News Historic Garden Week Tour April 2012. “Flourishing Flowers”, Daily Press April 2012.
- Lisa is living her dream, flower farming. “Cut-flower farmer keeps it local and colorful”, Daily Press February 2012.
- Lisa’s book “The Easy Cut-Flower Garden” hits newspaper across the country. “Crafting a cut-flower garden”, Daily Press June 2011.
- Country Garden’s Magazine Article “Bouquets every day”, Summer 2009
- Williamsburg Living Magazine “Grow Your Own Bouquets”, January 2008
- Daily Press article “Making the Cuts”, Grow a flower shop in a small space in your backyard and take your pick to create fresh arrangements.
- “Forget the Pampered Chef and Tupperware, the Gardener’s Workshop is growing in popularity!”, Daily Press July 2006
- Our Future “Cultivating Knowledge”, Daily Press February 2005
- Our Past “Business is Bloomin”, Daily Press June 2003
- “Growing Flowers That Are a Cut Above the Rest”, Chicago Tribune, July 2003
- “Business Blooms in 1-Acre Garden”, Knight Ridder Tribune
- “Cash Crop”, Montana Life, August 2003
- “A Gardener Finds Riches Greater Than Wealth in Her Flowers”, The Washington Post, October 2003