Schedule of Events, Lectures and Pop-Up Shops!
(*Hampton Roads Events)
- March 2: Gari Melchers Home and Studio at Belmont University of Mary Washington, Falmouth, VA 22405. Lisa will be giving the lecture “Growing your own Bouquets” and setting up the Pop-up Shop. This program is free and open to the public. Come do your spring shopping–seeds, fertilizers, seed starting supplies and lots of other goodies. Click here to get the details!
- March 4: ASCFG, Grower’s School, Fort Worth Botanical Garden. Fort Worth, Texas. More information For more information click here.
- March 17: Piedmont District Meeting, Virginia Federation of Garden Clubs, Kroger holiday Inn, Richmond, VA. TGW will be set-up as a vendor from 8am to 12noon.
- March 18: Cut-Flower Gardening Day, Pharsalia Flower Farm, Nelson County, VA. Last year’s Cut-Flower Gardening Day was a sellout smashing hit! Lisa will give a double program with hands on in the garden if weather allows. Delicious catered lunch included all on this breathtaking farm with stunning views of dePriest Mountain. Seeds and gardening supplies available to purchase following the program. To register and more information on Pharsalia visit http://www.pharsaliaevents.com
- March 23-25: South Atlantic Region of The National Garden Clubs Convention 2014, Hotel Roanoke, Roanoke, VA hosted by the Virginia Federation of Garden Clubs. Lisa will give the keynote address Sunday evening following dinner; “Growing your own Bouquets”. Lisa and Suzanne will be set-up as vendors. For more information visit http://www.southatlanticregiongardenclubs.org/convention/
- April 4-6: The Bizarre Bazaar’s Spring Market, in Richmond, VA. Click here for show details.
- *April 7: Colonial Williamsburg’s 68th Garden Symposium, “Home Grown: Turning Garden Treasures into Daily Pleasures”. Lisa will be presenting the lecture “Growing your own Bouquets“. Details coming soon. Click here for information and to register.
- *April 12: Christopher Newport University Gardening Symposium, CNU campus, Ferguson Center, Newport News, VA. Lisa will give the program “Downstream”. Lisa shares the organic and sustainable steps she follows on her cut-flower farm to produce thousands of stems of flowers each week on just one and half acres of garden. These steps are simple and easy to follow. Learn how everything you do in your garden affects something else, downstream. The Gardener’s Workshop Pop-up Shop will be set-up as a vendor selling seeds and gardening supplies. http://cnu.edu/gardening/
- April 22: Tuckahoe Garden Club Sale, 5101 Harlan Circle, Richmond, VA. TGW will be set-up as a vendor selling all our goods.
Historic Garden Week 2014
Our farm is honored to be a part of Garden Club of Virginia’s Historic Garden Week. This year in addition to our farm being open for tours, Lisa will be giving lectures on the Hampton / Newport News tour and the Portsmouth tour. Lisa will speak of the spring blooming hardy annual flowers that are a part of her new book coming our summer of 2014.
- *April 26, Portsmouth Tour, Lisa will give two short lecture at the luncheon site, 11:30 and 1:00, Green Acres Presbyterian Church. Her books, seeds, and garden supplies will be for sale to benefit the Garden Club of Virginia. Visit for more: http://www.vagardenweek.org/tours-details.cfm?TourID=106
- *April 30, Hampton / Newport News Tour: Lisa will give a lecture at the site of the home tours. Her books, seeds, and garden supplies will be for sale to benefit the Garden Club of Virginia. Visit for more: http://www.vagardenweek.org/tours-details.cfm?TourID=122
- *April 30, Farm Tour: Lisa’s private flower farm that supplies cut flowers through local grocery stores, florists and to customers who buy shares of their annual crop will be open to tour ticket holders form 10am to 5pm. 20 Miller Road, Newport News, VA 23602.
- May 10, Blount Bridgers Spring Garden Symposium, Tarboro, NC. ,8:30- 5 PM, Calvary Episcopal Church, 411 E. Church St., Tarboro, NC. Lisa will give a lecture at 1 PM on Growing Your Own Bouquets and will be set up as a vendor where her books, seeds, and garden supplies will be for sale. Dean Norton, Director of Horticulture at Mt. Vernon, Virginia will speak in the morning on Mt. Vernon’s Plants and Gardens. Luncheon served in the historic churchyard, gardens open with artists painting, vendors, and afternoon tea at The Blount-Bridgers House. Contact email@example.com, 252-823-4159 or Candis Owens, firstname.lastname@example.org, 252-823-5770.
- May 21, Garden Club Virginia Horticulture Day at Pharsalia in Nelson County, VA. Lisa will lecture on the spring blooming hardy annual flowers that are a part of her new book coming our summer of 2014. Her books, seeds, and garden supplies will be for sale. Open to GCV members only, pre-registration required. http://www.gcvirginia.org
- September 12-14, Mother Earth News Fair, Silver Springs, PA. Save the date!! Click here for more.
- October 16, VFGC Blue Ridge District meeting in Roanoke, VA. Lisa will give a lecture on her new book coming out summer 2014, followed by a book signing. The Gardener’s Workshop books, seeds, and garden supplies will be for sale.