Schedule of Events, Lectures and Pop-Up Shops!
- September 28, Listen Live at 10:30 am EST, http://www.news957.com/ Lisa chats with Niki Jabbour of The Weekend Gardener about Cool Flowers!
- September 30, VFGC Tidewater District meeting in Williamsburg, VA.TGW will be set-up selling our garden goods and Lisa will be selling and signing her new book Cool Flowers.
- October 1, Fall Flower Festival, Virginia Beach, VA. Lisa will be doing a talk at 12:30 about her new book Cool Flowers and selling seeds, books and gardening supplies. Learn about all the cool season plants that we plant in the fall for spring blooms like Sweet Peas, Snapdragons, Bells of Ireland and more. Free admission. Virginia Beach Convention Center, 10am to 5pm. Other vendors and plants for sale.
- October 2-3, Williamsburg Floral, Williamsburg, VA. Thursday evening Babs will be in attendance! Friday Lisa will demonstrate how to plant the beautiful three-season container featured in Cool Flowers.
- October 6, National Capital Area Garden Clubs, Arlington, VA. Lisa will give a program “Growing Great Spring Flowers”, will be selling and signing Cool Flowers, and the TGW Pop-up Shop will be there.
- October 13, Virginia Federation of Garden Clubs, Piedmont District meeting in Richmond, VA. Lisa will be doing a talk at 9:00 am about her new book Cool Flowers and selling seeds, books and gardening supplies. Learn about all the cool season plants that we plant in the fall for spring blooms like Sweet Peas, Snapdragons, Bells of Ireland and more. Free admission to the hall for shopping, but members only and fee to attend meetings and lectures. Shopping hours 8am to 12 noon. Former Holiday Inn now Doubletree, 1021 Koger Center Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23235.
- October 16, VFGC Blue Ridge District meeting in Roanoke, VA. Lisa will give a lecture on her new book Cool Flowers, followed by a book signing. The Gardener’s Workshop books, seeds, and garden supplies will be for sale.
- October 19-22, 2014 Association of Specialty Cut-Flower Growers National Conference. Newark, Delaware. Lisa will give lectures on Sunday October 19 for Grower’s School and on Monday October 20 for the general sessions. www.ascfg.org for details. Lisa’s new book Cool Flowers will be available.
- November 5, Knoxville Garden Club, Knoxville Museum of Art, Lisa will be giving two lectures. Her books, seeds, and garden supplies will be for sale. Knoxville, Tennessee. Details TBA.
- November date TBA, Jeff’s Flowers, Newport News, VA. Lisa and Babs will be on hand for an Open House.
- December 4-7, Bizarre Bazaar at the Richmond Raceway in Richmond, VA. The Gardener’s Workshop Mega Pop-up Shop will be setup with gardening and flower arranging supplies and books. For more information click here.
- January 30, Peninsula Council of Garden Clubs will host a lecture with Lisa on “Easy Seed Starting”. Free and open to the public. 10:00 meeting, lecture to follow. Women’s Club of Newport NEws, 461 J Clyde Morris Blvd, Newport News, VA 23601.
- February 2-3, 2015, Garden Club of Virginia’s Gardening Symposium in Colonial Williamsburg, VA . Lisa will be giving twp lectures. Her books, seeds, and garden supplies will be for sale. Details TBA.